//some 3rd party need geo

Outlook Express 6 and newsgroups History

mikejd1972 23:53 11 Apr 04

I have been reading somewhere that even when you delete emails from Outlook Express 6 they still remain on your computer, thats after deleting them from my inbox and then the deleted items folder, same with any newsgroups dipped into.

If this is the case then is there a hidden folder somewhere on my hard drive that has kept a record of all emails I have ever sent and received, and newsgroups visited?

Where is it and is there a program to securely delete them? I use CleanUp! and IE Privacy Keeper to keep those pesky index.dat files nicely empty! Both work well and are free.

Cheers,

Mike

hugh-265156 00:12 12 Apr 04

even if you burn you hard drive if sombody wanted to recover the info bad enough they can.

dont worry about it.

for a laugh click here excuse url sorry :-)

mikejd1972 00:31 12 Apr 04

Blimey !!!! Is there a free or cheap program that will delete OE6 history then, email and newsgroups?

hugh-265156 00:35 12 Apr 04

have you been a naughty person then? lol!

load of old twaddle.dont worry about it...honestly :-)

mikejd1972 00:39 12 Apr 04

Its the stuff sent to me by friends that worries me!!!

pc moron 00:49 12 Apr 04

The e-mails you delete will still be in the Inbox and Deleted Items folders (they're just not visible) until you Compact the folder(s)- this will overwrite the deleted items.

File> Folders> Compact Folder/Compact All Folders will compress the files and overwrite the deleted items.

The original information will still be on the hard disk somewhere, but will be difficult to recover.

hugh-265156 00:49 12 Apr 04

unless you are knowingly participating in serious criminal behaviour or viewing sick content that involves children etc i wouldn't get too stressed out about it.

mikejd1972 00:57 12 Apr 04

Cheers, followed the compacting feature! Indeed, nothing to get stressed about, not into criminal behaviour or sick stuff. More concerned about the space this could be taking up on the hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…