Outlook Express 6 mail files in XP

bathjobby 12:04 16 Nov 04

Outlook Express (OE) keeps your mail in files with extensions of type '.DBX'. Can someone tell me where these are in XP i.e. the full name of the folder. Why ? My XP disk has crashed and I'm using a data recovery tool to get as much data off the disk as possible and need to know the full directory route of where these mail files are (this backup PC is ME with OE6 but the place my email files are stored here doesn't exist on the XP disk. If someone could do a search on files and folders in XP and give me the full directory name of where their mail folders .DBX files are kept it would be very very useful to me. Thanks in advance.

Jackcoms 12:25 16 Nov 04

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{cbeb-3901….\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Jackcoms 12:28 16 Nov 04

Should have said that the folder between Identities and Microsoft may have a different name on your PC

bathjobby 11:37 17 Nov 04

Jackcoms, Thanks for taking the time and effort to find this for me. Have found mail DBXs and am recovering. Your a star, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…