Outlook Express 6 logon to server problem

Sdbluck 18:03 PM 26 Jul 11

Running Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP, I am now presented with a logon screen, displaying username (email address) and password pre-filled, the Remember Password box having been checked. When I click on OK, the box is simply re-displayed and I can progress no further. If I delete the password and re-enter it, the same thing happens. I have also tried deleting and recreating the email account to no avail, with or without checking the Remember Password box.

mgmcc 18:24 PM 26 Jul 11

How long has this been going on? If only for a short time, it could be a temporary problem with the mail provider's authentication server. Can you get in via their web-based mail system?

shellship 18:29 PM 26 Jul 11

I had this many moons ago and in desperation changed to MS Outlook since when I have rarely had the same problem. mgmcc suggestion is good, though and you could check on the ISP site to see if they have any reported problems.

Sdbluck 08:18 AM 27 Jul 11

I contacted the ISP (Sky) who recommended deleting and recreating the mail account in OE. Fortunately, I can still access emails via their website. The problem first occurred about 10 days ago.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites