Outlook Express 6 Interface

Abel 12:10 09 Nov 05

I'm having difficulty with the Outlook Express 6 interface. My interface is made up of 4 panes. The left hand pane lists the various folders. The top pane lists the e-mails in the Inbox. The pane beneath shows in detail, any e-mail highlighted in the pane above it. And finally, the very lowest pane which has, in my case, a search bar and Wanadoo advertising.

The problem is that, intermittently, when booting-up, the lowest pane expands to cover the entire screen of the monitor and is very difficult to rectify. Is there a permanent remedy to this occurrence.

Abel

Carbonara 12:13 09 Nov 05

Sounds like you have the Preview Pane open, bad idea!

Carbonara 12:21 09 Nov 05

Someone will tell you how to switch this feature off, afraid I can't remember!

Abel 12:28 09 Nov 05

Thanks Carbonara. It's not the preview pane, it's the pane below that that expands

Abel

Carbonara 12:30 09 Nov 05

Lost me now, I only have three panes on OE.

Carbonara 12:35 09 Nov 05

Had another look, I have two panes on the left - Folders and Contacts. On the right one pane with received messages.

Abel 12:42 09 Nov 05

Hello Carbonara,

Yeah that's right, but in my case I don't have the contacts pane showing. Also, in your case, you don't have the preview pane showing. The lowest pane, it seems, may well be an addition to Microsoft's interface made by Wanadoo, from whose free cd I obtained the application.

Abel

watchful 13:22 09 Nov 05

Try clicking on 'View' and then layout.

You can customize what you see from there.

Abel 14:01 09 Nov 05

Thanks Watchful.

I had in fact already looked at this option, but didn't recognise the component that removed the particular pane. However, your response caused me to look again and, having experimented with the various options, have now closed the offending pane.

Abel

watchful 15:30 09 Nov 05

You're very welcome :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…