outlook express 6 inbox contents vanished

preb 18:42 23 Apr 03

Can anyone suggest any reason why the whole of my Outlook Express 6 Inbox and all its contents of hundreds of filed messages should vanish completely this morning at 2 am? I had just sent a message, checked in 'Sent Items' that it had gone and then returned to Inbox. At first it simply wouldn't display Inbox and then after a while it did appear with everything gone - except for one message saying 'Welcome to Outlook Express 6'. I am in a state of great alarm (no, I hadn't backed up my Inbox collection) and don't know what to do. Address book is there and so are all Sent Items. Help!

MAJ 20:28 23 Apr 03

Hi preb, in OE try going to View > Current View and make sure "Hide read messages" isn't ticked. Tick "Show all messages".

MAJ 23:51 23 Apr 03

"Hi MAJ, thanks for response - yes, 'show all messages is already ticked'. Still no idea why or how these have all vanished.
I'd be grateful forany further ideas.
Preb"

The only other thing I can think of at the moment, preb, is that somehow you've changed "Identities". Go to File > Identities > Manage Identities and see if you have your identity and therefore your emails, in there.

By the way, preb, it's better if you keep all replies in the forum, that way others, a lot more capable than me, can help, also it helps them to know what has been tried.

webber_man 00:07 24 Apr 03

Are you using Outlook Express to view your Hotmail account? I am and i have lost two of my hotmail accounts today.

When OE searches for new mail there are numerous fatal errors and i have lost all my folders and emails that were within my Hotmail account - although i can still view them when logging on via the Hotmail website.

This happend yesterday too but to a different account that has now re-appeared!

Does anyone have any ideas on this??

Anyway.......if you're also using OE to view your Hotmail account then there maybe something 'up' with the server or something. Otherwise i don't have a clue and need some advice myself!!!

MAJ 00:19 24 Apr 03

You would be safer starting your own thread for your problem, at least that way it would get proper recognition, and you would receive notification of any replies.

But you could try deleting your Hotmail account from OE and setting it up again. OE would then re-download your Hotmail email folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple