outlook express 6 hyperlinks

nectar 23:24 08 Feb 03

I am unable to open hyperlinks contained within emails, any suggestions?

AragornUK 23:28 08 Feb 03

Got a popup stopper running at all? If so, disable it and try again. This is often a cause for not being able to open links in emails.

If this aint it post back....

nectar 23:36 08 Feb 03

thanks, but I haven't got a popup stopper, at least not one that I know of.

nick_j007 23:41 08 Feb 03

Interesting, as I have downloaded a pop up stopper recently (Pop up stopper free version) and have found that I have been unable to open links in O.E. too.
It also prevents me from opening certain links on web pages too. Might even uninstall the blighter!

Nick Jones

nectar 23:42 08 Feb 03

how would I know if I have a popup stopper?

leo49 23:43 08 Feb 03

Hold down shift when you click - that will allow a new window to open.

MAJ 00:07 09 Feb 03

It's probably happening because IE doesn't realise it is your default browser. Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab and tick the box at the bottom which says "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser". Close Internet Explorer, then re-open it. It will ask you if you want to make IE your default browser, choose yes. Then try your email links again.

nick_j007 00:23 09 Feb 03

Okee dokee!
Thanks Leo. I'll bare that in mind and try it next time.

Cheers, Nick

Maj, I have also carried out your pointer there, and shall await the difference. Always interesting how one person can post a question, and I think "Ah, me too!"

nick_j007 00:28 09 Feb 03

Nectar,
Not being an expert here, but presumably you would remember if you had downloaded one in the past. It's not a regular part of Windows to my knowledge.
Have a look in your programmes file for anything like pop-not or pop up stopper etc.

Nick

MAJ 00:28 09 Feb 03

I didn't see your post about your popup stopper, sorry. If it's PanicWare's PopupStopper (free version), holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the link, will allow the link to open.

VoG™ 00:36 09 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…