Outlook Express 6 help and a bit more

Idle And Wild 12:34 22 Nov 03

Hi all!!!

I'll get the point straight away. I have a *.dbx file on CD. I want to put it into a folder so that it appears in OE so that I can view the e mails in it. I've tried just putting in C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID number here but I've edited it out}\Microsoft\Outlook Express and it doesn't come up in Outlook. I've also made a folder in outlook with the same name as this file and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions people? It's important. And yes, I know I should of used the proper backup function in Outlook.

Secondly we've just had to reinstall windows XP and it's now terribly slow. It's appalling. At the minute I'm running IE6 and Messenger has started itself. Should I go to open my computer it takes about five seconds to come up and goes super jerky in the process. I'm not a tech-head, but I know that a 2.6ghz processor shouldn't be doing that! It was much faster before the reinstall even though it hard far, far more stuff on. Why?! What can I do to speed it back up again? The processes tab in Task Manager says that CPU usage is 100%. There's loads of things on there, but I don't know what I need, and I'm sure most of them have always been on. What does the "Commit Charge: 161M/1248M" meaning the bottom right of the same window? Is that how much memory is allocated to doing things or something? It's driving me mad! Somebody help please!!!

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Idle And Wild 12:49 22 Nov 03

A Nachi worm? AVG can't get it off. What the hell?!?! Gah!!!! Help!!!

VoG II 12:57 22 Nov 03
  beeuuem 13:20 22 Nov 03

You could try click here which seems to work on OE6

Idle And Wild 10:58 23 Nov 03

Thank you VoG and beeuuem, your help has been greatly apprecciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…