Outlook Express 6 Folders

toogie 13:37 12 Jun 05

For some unknown reason I have lost the list of folders from my OE. All I get when I log into the Mail is a blank screen. I can open the emails in my "invisible" INBOX by using "File/open".
I have tried restoring my XP to a previous date, when I know it worked, but still no joy.
My MSN is also not accessable anymore.
I have recently signed up to Broadband with a new ISP.
Can anyone please help ?

DieSse 13:40 12 Jun 05

In OE - go to View - Layout and tick the box for "Folder List"

VoG II 13:41 12 Jun 05

View/Layout and tick what you want to see.

DieSse 13:42 12 Jun 05

Ha!

toogie 14:40 12 Jun 05

Thanks for advice but I had already checked the "View/Layout" menu and all the correct boxes are ticked but still no folders shown. What next ?

DieSse 15:43 12 Jun 05

Try these then

First - change the View to not show any details at all (untick all the boxes) - close down and restart OE. The change to views to what you do want, close down OE and start it up again.

Second - in Outlook Express
Tools > Options > Maintenance - and locate the storage folder for your message files.

Open Windows Explorer, go to that folder, locate the Folders.dbx file and rename it Folders.old

Verify the file attributes are not Read-Only.
If the .dbx files are not in the correct folder, use Seach to look for them - they'll be called Inbox.dbx etc, and copy them into the correct folder.

Restart Outlook Express, a new Folders.dbx file should be created and your folders and messages may appear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…