Outlook Express 6 Fault

paulnvernon 12:54 20 Oct 04

I am using Windows XP with SP2 installed however I now have got a big problem with Outlook Express. I get the following error message The application was unable to open Outlook express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact MS support for further assistance.(0x800c012e,23). Outlook could not be started because msoe.dll could not be initialized. Outlook express may not be installed correctly.
I have two user logins at the start of XP my profile became corrupted so I restored back to a prevoius date this sorted everything. However this is when the problem with OE6 started. Note: It started to reinstall programms!. Loging in as my wife OE6 works OK. Looking at MS Support looks like I need to reinstall OE6 however I have the latest version so it will not let me reinstall it. HELP!!!!!!

watchful 13:16 20 Oct 04

It might be worthwhile just checking your OE settings as I have the same OS as you and after SP2 the only problem was that all my settings had changed in OE so I had to go through them all to put them back as they were.

JoeC 15:07 20 Oct 04
  paulnvernon 13:56 21 Oct 04

I did a seach for outloo* folders it found my wifes and my outlook express folder(ie 2 profiles). On selecting my wifes profile I could see the database files for storing emails. However on selecting my profile it came up with c drive not formated do you want to reformat your c drive. This gave me the clue ie faulty hard drive so I ran Nortons disk doctor which found faults I then ran chkdsk /f /r which took 2 hours to check and repair the disk. All is now working however the disk drive is less than 6 months old !! What should I do I will try to get the drive replaced!

watchful 18:43 21 Oct 04

Many thanks for posting the solution as it may help others in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…