outlook express 6 error message "0x800CCCOF"

Tom2191 00:49 27 Apr 05

Hi, does anyone have any ideas as to why this should come up? i can send but not receive messages. I have got windows xp. ive not changed any settings or service provider it just happened a week ago. i can access all emails (2 email addresses) if i go direct to either site. I have looked at microsoft website which says to check settings but all seems ok. Thanks. message is "0x800CCC0F"

beeuuem 01:00 27 Apr 05

Could you give the complete error message? This would give more information to go on.

0x800CCC0F CONNECTION_DROPPED Connection closed.

Tom2191 01:06 27 Apr 05

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'click here', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 31895 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.

This is the full message i get. Thanks for your help

beeuuem 12:19 27 Apr 05

I can't see anything obvious but this will bring you back to the top of the page. Better brains than mine may be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…