Outlook express 6 error!!

diddi.ash 12:43 24 Oct 04

When i come out of outlook express 6, i get a box come up with "MSIMN.EXE APPLICATION ERROR"
It says that the instruction at "0x77f521oa" refered memory at "0x007f4ef8" The memory could not be written.

Does anyone know what this means and how i can resolve it?

I am on dial-up and running on XP.

sat481 12:47 24 Oct 04

MSIMN.EXE is actually for outlook express. It may be that it is still scanning for mail and when you IE6 down that causes the application error. I would try shutting down Outlook express before you shut IE6, this may supress the errors

Sat

diddi.ash 12:51 24 Oct 04

But it still comes up after i have disconnected!

BurrWalnut 13:34 24 Oct 04

Most crashes and failed start-up in OE are caused by corrupted dbx files. Try this, open OE, then click File, Folder and click Compact All. Close OE and reopen it to check that it now works.

diddi.ash 13:58 24 Oct 04

That seems to have done the trick, thanks.

Nipsen 2 14:02 24 Oct 04

Try a search on "Google" Type in :- "MSIMN.EXE APPLICATION ERROR The memory could not be written. " These were 2 of the suggestions I found :- (1)Can be just Outlook Express settings. Open OE, click view, click layout, remove ticks from info pane and outlook bar, click OK. Click tools, click options. Of top 4 boxes ensure only top 3 ticked. Click OK. That should be it fixed. (2)Repair Internet Explorer (Open Run, in the open field type sfc /scannow. Have your XP disc ready to insert. I don,t know if these will help, but should not do any harm.

Nipsen 2 14:05 24 Oct 04

Oops ! sorry about that bit late slow typer , glad your sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…