Outlook express 6, email to groups

Jomi 14:46 20 Apr 03

When I send e-mail to a group (114 members) using OE6, each individual address is received by every member of the group and they all have to scroll down past all of these addresses to the message.
Is there a way to change this so that all recipients only receive the group name? or at least DON'T receive everyone elses e-mail address.

short-circuit 20:42 20 Apr 03

Start a new email. On the menu toolbar, click on View and All headers. This put the BCC (blind carbon copy) header above the Subject box on your email.
Click on the address book next to BCC and select your group name from the list which appears. Make sure you add the group name to the BCC box on the next screen, by clicking on the BCC -> button in the middle of the screen,

Click on Ok and then send the email as normal.

Post again if this doesn't work.

Scott.

Goldcroft 20:44 20 Apr 03

Or download the free version of Group Mail and that will do the same job.

Goldcroft 22:17 20 Apr 03

Should have been more specific. The Group Mail company is called Infacta. They are findable in Google.

Jomi 10:57 23 Apr 03

Thank you very much for the replies, I'll try these ASAP and let you know how I got on.
I've tried to get this resolved by our comp techs for two years and no joy, so I didn't really expect any response!

thank again.

Jomi 20:55 23 Apr 03

BCC worked!
Wonder why our techies couldn't tell me that!

Thanks again

Jomi 20:56 23 Apr 03

BCC worked!
Wonder why our techies couldn't tell me that!

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…