Outlook Express 6 blocked

diesel1948 22:04 05 Feb 07

Just got new computer from Dell, 3 yrs Mcafee security on it. I am having a problem sending e-mails from Outlook Express 6 keeps saying not been sent, something to do with Protocol how can I stop it stopping me sending e-mails from Outlook Express? no probs with hotmail. Grateful for any advice.

SANTOS7 22:32 05 Feb 07

click here

this will help,good luck..

diesel1948 22:55 05 Feb 07

Santos7 thank you for your help my friend but I have set it all up. The problem is McAfee security, everytime I try and send an e-mail, (I can receive them) I get a message from McAfee saying cant be sent protocol error. I click on the highlighted protocol error and a message appears saying:Command sent was:RCPT to <[email protected]> or whatever e-mail it may be, Response received is: 550 relay not permitted.
Consult the online help for your e-mail programme for more information on this error.
Contact your e-mail provider if this problem persists. All this is to do with McAfee, there must be something to disable to solve it.

diesel1948 23:04 05 Feb 07

Santos sorry for being a complete prune I have just discovered that one of my e-mails has just been cut off, I think.I used to be with Bulldog and left them to go with Homecall (Pipex) I know they own Bulldog but they said they could offer higher speeds. I just tried to send an e-mail from homecall in outlook and it went no probs. Strange thing is though e-mails are still coming to me with Bulldog e-mail address

beeuuem 23:08 05 Feb 07

Does this click here help?

diesel1948 23:28 05 Feb 07

Beeuuem Thanks buddie the e-mail lives again, my server requires authentication seemed to do the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…