Outlook Express 6 adds it own attachments.

Spacey 20:10 12 Jan 04

Using Windows XP with OE 6.
Recently updated OE 6 from MS update site, since the update I find that every message I have written since the update has had an attachment "paperclip" added automatically. This attachment when viewed, is a direct duplicate of the message even though I have not chosen for an attachment to be added.
The "paperclip" only shows in the lower pane, but does not show in the upper pane alongside the subject line, what can have caused this?
Thanks,
Eric.

bretsky 20:32 12 Jan 04

Was it this update? Look for my posting further down the page for details, if it was, get rid of it, it,s a known issue with microsoft!! click here

good luck.......bretsky;0)

Spacey 18:57 13 Jan 04

Thanks for your ideas,Bretsky. I deleted 330994 but following a message test where I sent myself an email, when it arrived it still had the same text placed in an unrequested attachment!
So I don't think that 330994 was the problem in this case.
Lets hope someone else has recently experienced these unprogrammed attachments arriving on the lower pane and has found the answer.

TommyRed 19:04 13 Jan 04

Can you go back to before the update with system restore until the situation is resolved? TR

Spacey 19:10 13 Jan 04

Thanks all of you, I have located the answer!
I decided to "read all my messages in plain text", this being one way of reducing virus entries.
When I unchecked this option in Tools/Options/Read, the attachments all disappeared from my messages!
Have heard the problems experienced with 330994, I think I will leave "deleted".
Bye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…