iqs 20:04 09 May 06

Hello.I have never used Outlook Express 6 before.Its been there for many years,but never used.Until today.Out of curiosty I tried to send an e-mail,but it asked for my e-mail address,and to configure PoP3 etc.This is all rather new to me.What is OE6 capable of doing,and how do you use it.Many thanks,Mike

powerless 20:08 09 May 06

Who provides your email?

Stuartli 20:11 09 May 06

The configuration details for your ISP will be included in its Help pages on its website.

Look for a link to E-mail Settings or similar.

Just follow the instructions as to how to configure Outlook Express.

Jackcoms 20:13 09 May 06

"What is OE6 capable of doing,and how do you use it".

Simplistically, it is capable of sending and receiving e-mails as well as accessing News Groups.

However, before you cam use it you need to set up an e-mail account and the POP3 (incoming) and SMTP (outgoing) mail server details.

You can find out how to do this from your ISP.

iqs 21:01 09 May 06

my e-mail is provided via bt yahoo.cheers

VoG II 21:11 09 May 06
  iqs 21:23 09 May 06

Hi VoG.Thanks for the link,but a quick question.When the account has been created will this interfere with sending/receiving e-mails when using bt yahoo.OE6 will only be used as a back up,and used rarely.Cheers : )

VoG II 21:29 09 May 06

The only difference should be that when you use OE messages will be downloaded and stored on your PC. With webmail they remain on BT's server (they may only be held there for a certain duration - I'm not sure about that.

If you want Outlook Express to keep messages on the server do the OPPOSITE of click here

iqs 21:35 09 May 06

many thanks VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…