Outlook Express 6

Davy 43 20:59 28 Dec 04

I have just gone over to Wanadoo Broadband.Everything is fine until I try to read my e-mail, once OE is opened I have to go into tools then properties and change my incoming mail server details to Pop.wanadoo, as everytime I fire up my PC the setting has reverted back to ( I think ) an IP address; 127.0.0.1
Wanadoo tell me that I may have to change my version of OE !

Can anyone shed some light please ?

VoG II 21:04 28 Dec 04

127.0.0.1 is the address of your computer !

Check for a file

Windows 2000 & XP C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

Other Windows C:\windows\HOSTS

Rename it to HOSTS.txt and restart your PC. Does the problem still happen?

Davy 43 21:57 28 Dec 04

I renamed the file 'localhost.txt, and saved the changes, but the problem is still there.

Thanks for the quick response vog.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 28 Dec 04

Are you running AVG7? if so AVG E MAIL SCANNER SETUP

click here

vitrocmax 22:47 28 Dec 04

I'm sure it's your anti-virus at work here - it used to do the same thing on my PC, but I still got my emails.. Unfortunately I don't recall why it doesn't do it any more - I haven't changed my AV.

Are you looking for e-mails with Wanadoo using the correct address? Wanadoo don't allow their webmail service to connect directly to Outlook - I have to forward them to my wanadoo address, which is [email protected].

I don't know if I'm on the right track here, but someone else may be able to confirm it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…