Outlook Express 6

Smiler 19:59 29 May 04

Can anyone tell me why outlook express stops responding when I try to open the in box. I can open any other folder no problem but it shows an hour glass and when i press ctrl alt del it show outlook express as not responding. I have win 98se.

MichelleC 21:18 29 May 04

A simple sfc should do it as oe (+ie) is part of 98 os.

GaT7 21:34 29 May 04

Or, better still you could try a repair of IE/OE.

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Click on 'MS Internet Explorer...' & Add/Remove. In the dialogue box that opens, select 'Repair Internet Explorer' & click on OK. When the process completes reboot your PC. Now check if the problem recurs. Good luck, G

GaT7 22:13 29 May 04

click here. Click on the posts made by PA Bear (solutions) & Frank Saunders (future prevention).

Similar problem here as well - click here. HTH, G

Smiler 09:39 30 May 04

Thanks both. I tried the sfc & a reinstall of ie & oe but didn't work At the moment I'm working my way throught the links crossbow7 has given. But it looks like I will have to delete the inbox.dbx file. The only thing is there are a few e-mails still in the inbox that I wish to save.

Smiler 10:13 30 May 04

Think I sorted it. I made a new identity transfered messages from old identity which allowed me to open the inbox got rid of the e-mails not needed and everything seems to be ok. Thanks again for the links Crossbow7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…