Outlook Express 6

Smiler 19:59 29 May 04

Can anyone tell me why outlook express stops responding when I try to open the in box. I can open any other folder no problem but it shows an hour glass and when i press ctrl alt del it show outlook express as not responding. I have win 98se.

MichelleC 21:18 29 May 04

A simple sfc should do it as oe (+ie) is part of 98 os.

GaT7 21:34 29 May 04

Or, better still you could try a repair of IE/OE.

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Click on 'MS Internet Explorer...' & Add/Remove. In the dialogue box that opens, select 'Repair Internet Explorer' & click on OK. When the process completes reboot your PC. Now check if the problem recurs. Good luck, G

GaT7 22:13 29 May 04

click here. Click on the posts made by PA Bear (solutions) & Frank Saunders (future prevention).

Similar problem here as well - click here. HTH, G

Smiler 09:39 30 May 04

Thanks both. I tried the sfc & a reinstall of ie & oe but didn't work At the moment I'm working my way throught the links crossbow7 has given. But it looks like I will have to delete the inbox.dbx file. The only thing is there are a few e-mails still in the inbox that I wish to save.

Smiler 10:13 30 May 04

Think I sorted it. I made a new identity transfered messages from old identity which allowed me to open the inbox got rid of the e-mails not needed and everything seems to be ok. Thanks again for the links Crossbow7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…