Outlook Express 6

george 15:16 17 Mar 04

I've just installed Tiscali broadband with the existing Freeserve dial-up connection as a back up. I'm having difficulty in sending E-mails because of the following error:- "Error 550 - Action not taken,Mailbox unavailable". Does anyone have a solution, please?

xania 15:32 17 Mar 04

I suspect that this is because you have not set up OE to work with your new ISP - you may well find that it works perfectly well with your Freeserve account, but you will need to set up a Tiscali account showing your Tiscali e-mail address.

Nipsen 2 15:38 17 Mar 04

Have a look at this web page click here under SMTP errors. I don't know if it will help, but it as helped me with other OE problems.
cheers nipsen

bigyin69 00:17 18 Mar 04

Every time that i try and send mail through outlook express 6 it always comes up with
digital id missing.
i have looked through mircosoft for help but can't find any anybody any idea how to obtain a digital id

george 18:44 19 Mar 04

Thank you, everyone. I've gone back to my Freeserve E-mail and all is OK. One day, maybe I'll try using Tiscali again. Incidentally, Nipsen 2, that's a jolly useful 'errors'site.
Digital id - there you've got me. Sorry bigyin69. Wish you luck. Signing off. George

beeuuem 20:03 19 Mar 04

If you are being asked for digital ID look in OE >
Tools > Options > Security and make sure that the boxes for 'Encrypt contents...' and 'Digitally sign all outgoing messages' are not checked.

If you want to get digital ID they are available free from click here

bigyin69 18:33 22 Mar 04

Thanks for the help beeuuem.
did what u said about the boxes and they where checked. unchecked them and it sent a outgoing email thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…