Outlook Express 6 and 127.0.0.1

Corringdon 22:41 11 Jul 06

Everytime I start my new machine, a Dell, the POP3 setting in Outlook Express 6 for my e-mail account has reset to 127.0.0.1. I set it back to pop3. etc. and it stays that way until I restart the machine when it is back to the 127 number. Microsoft is no help and the info I have found on the web does not offer any suggestions. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

MAJ 22:45 11 Jul 06

It's possibly your anti-virus software's email checking that's doing it, Corringdon. Try [temporarily] turning that option off in your anti-virus software, see if it cures the problem.

Djohn 23:11 11 Jul 06

I noteced the nuber you gave and that is the number for your own machine held in the host file. Have a read of this then click on the link.

'Computers have a host address of their own - it is known as the "localhost" address, with an IP address of 127.0.0.1 which it uses to refer to itself. If you associate another computer's host name with your localhost IP address, you have effectively blocked that host since all attempts to access it will lead back to you. That is how we will block sites using the Hosts file. We will tell our computer that the IP address of the site we want to block is our own address. That way, our computer will not ever leave and go looking for the site we are blocking - which keeps that site from appearing because the computer thinks it has found the site and displayed it already..

click here

VoG II 08:31 12 Jul 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…