Outlook Express 6

Big B 16:01 14 Sep 03

Hello I hope somebody can help me with a problem that has just appeared on my machine , when I connect to receive any mail, my main account works no problem but when my secondary account tries to log in I get the following error message
The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop3.uk.worldonline.com', Server: 'pop3.uk.worldonline.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR cannot open disk file error 2', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
Has anyone any ideas I am stumped completely
Here,s hoping
Big B

Peverelli 16:14 14 Sep 03

Check that the user name and password is correct.

Big B 16:41 14 Sep 03

Have checked user name and password all seems ok any other suggestions please
Big B

sil_ver 16:44 14 Sep 03

Try removing the account and reinstalling it again.

Peverelli 17:51 14 Sep 03

Which version of windows, internet explorer and outlook express (or is it outlook) are you using?

Searching the MS knowledgebase has got me nowhere so far.

Peverelli 17:51 14 Sep 03

OK, forget the versions of IE & OE, just re-read the title ;O)

Big B 18:02 14 Sep 03

Windows 98se
Big B

steven_frost 18:21 14 Sep 03

i had a problem like this what you need to do is create a new id which is simple to do click on file then identities then add new id create your email accounts again then import all files across if you need more advice please let me know

mikef. 18:30 14 Sep 03

Is your 2nd account still valid, I had this problem with my second account which had been cancelled as I had mot dialled in to my dial up account in the contracted time period.

Big B 18:34 14 Sep 03

As far as I know the 2nd account is still valid
yes please more advice on the creation of a new id

steven_frost 19:00 14 Sep 03

all you need to do is the following click on file then identites click on add and create a new id and create the account that is not working on here it should work if you need to know how to add email accounts let us know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…