Outlook Express 5.0

cytometry 21:41 14 Feb 05

My brother had a problem with Outlook Express and followed the steps on the MSN website one by one only to find he had uninstalled it. Their next step was to tell him to reinstall it from disk. Problem! The CD was corrupt and would not even run. Is there any way he could restore this programme. Everything else is working fine. It is a very old PC but he just wants to restore his e-mail. He is running Win95. I have on old copy of Win98SE which I no longer use but of course if you try to run that it deletes everything on the disk, which he does not want to do as there are some old DOS based programmes there.

Jeffers22 22:33 14 Feb 05

Can you not download OE from the Microsoft site?

cytometry 22:11 15 Feb 05

Jeffers22
I'm waiting to hear back from him. Will let you know. Thankyou.

cytometry 12:52 27 Feb 05

It doesn't seem possible to obtain Outlook Express by itself which would mean he would have to reformat his PC. I suggested to him that he might like to use some other software instead, that way he won't lose what he has on his drive and will have his e-mails restored. He will have a look and see what is available. Thankyou for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…