Outlook express 5 new identity

Lomond 20:10 14 Apr 03

ANY Outlook express 5 experts out there?

I have added a new identity for a second e mail user on my pc.
I used the same pop3 and smtp info for both.
I now find that I can send mail from the new Identity but I do not seem able to receive mail. ( I know this because I have sent an e-mail from the new identity which was received and sent an e-mail to the new identity which was not received)
When I click on send / receive messages I get the following message:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

How can I find or change this rejected password?

Am I on the right track thinking if I can sort out the password I am in business?

Ta

beeuuem 20:24 14 Apr 03

Yes - you are right.
The password is found in Outlook Express>Tools> Accounts > Properties and click on the 'server' tab. From there you can change the password.

Lomond 21:32 14 Apr 03

Beeuuem,
Thanks for this, I have tried this and changed the password. I am still getting a message coming up asking me for the user name and password. Assuming now I have sorted out the password, what should the user name be? is it the identity name
or is it the e-mail address- I have tried both.
Neither works. I am left with the small box showing that mail is being received, but that just stays there while the user name and password request pops up again... and again... and again.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

yonex24562 23:07 14 Apr 03

I am having a similar problem, click here Hopefully I will be able to get it sorted soon as my friend had trouble too, if I can I will let you know what I did so you can try it. Cheers

Lomond 23:57 14 Apr 03

Thanks yonex- I can see where the suggestions took you; I have tried many of these suggestions myself. I am on oe5, not 6 and windows 98.
Let me know if you make the breakthrough and I will do likewise.
Cheers

beeuuem 01:18 15 Apr 03

I am assuming that you set up a new mail address with ntl for the second user. The user name is the one you used for this address i.e. for '[email protected]' the user name is 'joe.bloggs' with any full stops included. The mail password, as opposed to your first mail address password and which is (usually) your dial up password, is the one you also created for the second mail account.

I hope that makes sense.

Griff. 01:47 15 Apr 03

Also, Have a read of click here - gives many of the usual errors - error ...92 can be quite common when the server your email talks to is down albeit temporarily. This generally clears after a while though......

Lomond 11:31 15 Apr 03

beeuum/ Griff.
Yes beeuumm I have used the user name in the password format you suggested.
Griff,
I have looked at you list, my problem shows as POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
My problem is I think I have a vaid user name and password.
Any more thoughts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…