outlook express 5 how to veiw message

mammak 21:23 31 Mar 03

hi folks first time up here, i am a complete novice by the way so bear with me, os 98se, outlook express5, internet explorer, i just had an awful virus was using mcafee 6.0, the virus was so bad i coudnt even get into safemode (as yet only picked up my repaired pc, havent spoken to my much trusted local repair man so no idea what the virus was) however now have norton 2003 and avg firewall my prob is i have good idea where the virus came from, so have blocked these emails on outlook but i know outlook can be unstable so how do i set outlook so as not open message to veiw so as i have a chance to highlight each one an delete if suspect before i open them thanks in advance

Legolas 21:30 31 Mar 03

If you download mailwasher a free utility it shows you your e-mails on the server before they have been downloaded to your computer you can then pinpouint any suspicious ones and delete before they are downloaded to your computer click here

fitshase 21:33 31 Mar 03

In Outlook Express 5 you need to go to the View menu then click on Layout...

Clear the checkbox next to Show Preview Pane.

This will make the preview pane disappear and then you will have to double click on each e-mail to open it. It also means that you can highlight the e-mail and delete it if you want.

Hope this helps

regards

Fitshase

mammak 21:57 31 Mar 03

big thanks folk,s all worked going download mailwasher as we speak thank,s again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…