outlook express

imstuck 18:46 PM 11 Nov 11

Hi i maybe a bit of a dinosaur still using outlook express but im trying to open outlook when a pop up states log on pop ntlworld.its asking for username(my email address) and a password in which i input, but the box re-appears hence cant get into my e mails! tanks :-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 PM 11 Nov 11

Outlook Express keeps prompting for your password http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xpoepasswords.htm

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 PM 11 Nov 11

retry that link here

imstuck 20:03 PM 11 Nov 11

thanks for reply fruit bat ,im clicking on what you posted.comes up 'not found'yes its prompting me for password.i have the password no joy.

imstuck 20:04 PM 11 Nov 11

was working ok until i switched computer on today and tried to open outlook

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:42 PM 11 Nov 11
  Terry Brown 21:58 PM 11 Nov 11

Who are you using as your ISP.

Some like Virgin have upgraded their outlook software to make it more secure, and you have to change a few settings to make it work.

EG. In the User name box (page 1) you need to enter your full E mail address and tick the bottom box (include sync)

Page 2 you need to tick the bottom box 'My server requires authorization'

Pages 3 & 4 no change

Page 5 Change outgoing mail to 465 :Incoming to 995 and tick the 2 top boxes.

Other iSP's may be different.

Terry

imstuck 17:59 PM 21 Nov 11

hi Terry thanks-user name box page 1 -dont quite no where this is! to follow your instructions.i am with virgin by the way

imstuck 19:02 PM 21 Nov 11

fruitbat hi,followed your instructions-didnt work still prompting me for password and email

lotvic 20:09 PM 21 Nov 11

Open Outlook Express | click on 'Tools' | click on 'Accounts' | on the 'Mail' tab, click on the Account so that it is highlighted | click on 'Properties' on the left |

These are the settings you need Email settings for addresses ending in @ntlworld.com

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites