Outlook Express

March Wind 19:01 PM 09 Jul 11
Answered

Using Windows XP and Outlook Express, also Mail. I would like to use only (O.E). I do not know how to delete address that I think I do not need. I am getting mixed up on which to click on. I have tried to go into Tools then Account using OE but there isn't an Account to delete the ones I think I do not need. Could you tell me please how do I find accounts in OE as it isn't under Toopls?

Crosstrainer2 19:08 PM 09 Jul 11
Answer

The link below tells you how to Uninstall live mail, so that is step one.

Before you do, make a note of your email settinfgs (or post your ISP and I will find then for you)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938275

Note your email address and password down as well (don't post them here though)

AroundAgain 19:08 PM 09 Jul 11

All accounts in OE6 are Tools->Accounts. Click the 'mail' tab, if you want to see only email account(s)

If there is nothing there, then you haven't set up an account there

I have Win XP but have never had Win Mail. It's on Vista, though

Crosstrainer2 19:23 PM 09 Jul 11

AroundAgain

I think the idea here is to get rid of Live Mail (which is truly awful to use)And set up an email account in Outlook Express.

At least I think that's what March Wind is trying to do.

I've never seen it on XP either, but the article states it will work so I guess it was offered as an optional download. (Windows Live Essentials)

Perhaps installed by mistake?

March Wind 20:17 PM 09 Jul 11

Thank you for your reply. Looks as if the prob has gone. But I do have one left to do with email. I am sending pic 9 in total at 600picels but the email keeps saying error after along time of sending. Do you think it is because there are too many pic?

Crosstrainer2 21:11 PM 09 Jul 11

Yes, try reducing the number.

AroundAgain 01:03 AM 10 Jul 11

My understanding of the OP was how to find the email account in OE.
My apologies if I've misunderstood

March Wind 14:07 PM 11 Jul 11

Around Again. You were right but the prob was sorted. I think I was trying to find Accounts whilst in new mail. I found it when I only had outlook up and not in new mail. Then I went onto another prob but all is well now. Thank you all for your help.

March Wind 14:09 PM 11 Jul 11

x

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…