Outlook express

baldyx 13:24 06 Aug 09

When I try to open an e-mail in the Outbox of the Microsoft Outlook Express, The Outlook Express goes in a loop & does not allow me to open the e-mail. I have to end the task using the Task Manager.

No problem with other folders o fthe outlook express..
I use Xp.

Any help will be appreciated.

Stuartli 13:41 06 Aug 09

Right click on the e-mail>Move To Folder and send it to another folder (I would create one specifically for the purpose). You should then be able to open it.

Stuartli 13:42 06 Aug 09

It could also be worth Deleting the current Outbox folder and creating a new one.

dunc1234 15:21 06 Aug 09

if you get stuck on deleting it, make yourself a new user account and setup oe fresh from there and then transfer your stuff over through the shared folder.

Stuartli 15:37 06 Aug 09

Just found this link - read through the replies, especially the first one:

click here

along with:

click here

I keep all my e-mails (Sent and Received) for a considerable length of time (it has proved very useful) and split the Received into two sections using the methods listed.

Stuartli 15:39 06 Aug 09

...about six months ago because there were so many.

At the time it was intended to prevent OE wanting to compact messages.

baldyx 12:03 07 Aug 09

Thanks all.
I will now try your guides to solve this problem & report back asap.

baldyx 18:57 07 Aug 09

Have attempted to follow the guides suggested so far but without any success.

The basic problem is that there is one e-mail in the Outbox which when selected causes the Outlook express to loop. Can't look into it or delete it.

I can't even find the Outbox folder using the explorer's search function. Also in Outlook express can't delete the Outbox folder as the delete option is not highlighted when right-clicking on the folder.

Also created a new account but keep getting 0x800CCC0F,19etc.

So the problem still exist but I have Hotmail working .

beeuuem 11:43 08 Aug 09

In Control Panel go to Folder Options > View tab and ensure that 'show hidden files and folders is selected'.
To find the location of the OE folder open Outlook Express > Tools tab > Options > Maintenance > Store folder button. Note the location and close OE.
Navigate to the location of the OE store folder using 'My Computer' or Windows Explorer, open the folder and delete 'Outbox.dbx.

When you open OE you should have a new, empty Outbox.

baldyx 16:23 08 Aug 09

Marg7 ,beeuuem
Thanks. Have now managed to locate and delete the Outbox. However now new problem when Send/Receive messages in Outlook Express , the error messsages are :

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject ', Account: 'sky.com', Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. p10sm9891300gvf.19', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

AND

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.

The settings for the Account are the same as when the Outlook Expresss used to work properly.

beeuuem 16:47 08 Aug 09

Acording to click here
you should be using port 465 to send and port 995 to receive sky mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…