Outlook Express

mousee 20:10 08 Apr 08

I've had to format and reinstall XP (SP2) twice this year as my machine is acting up, the second time I left it at the local shop and he said he would sort it all out, (he's a great bloke and is always helpful, I don't know what I would do without him but sometimes doesn't do all that he says), I've tried to get into my e-mails tonight and am being asked for my password, now as this machine is used by all the family we use one password for all log in requirements, the error box is showing -:

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

any suggestions as to what is wrong, I'm a bear of little brain so please be gentle.

Thanks

johnnyrocker 20:15 08 Apr 08

maybe un tick or tick secure ssl log in reverse if required in account properties?

johnny

mousee 20:27 08 Apr 08

I've checked a few boxes and am now getting this-:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.

????

Sea Urchin 21:26 08 Apr 08

Unfortunately you look in rather a worse position than you were before. Thoroughly check all your Account settings under Tools > Accounts > Properties as per the following link

click here

Michael_R 21:26 08 Apr 08

Have you tried getting into your mail box on line i.e. web mail? If this is OK try resetting your password etc on line. Delete your mail account on your PC and then make a new mail account, making sure that your POP, SMTP and passwords are all correct.

johnnyrocker 23:15 08 Apr 08

click here=

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…