outlook express

chippy+ 22:27 22 Jan 08

hi in outlook express an error message is given, saying that "Outlook Express was unable to send the receipt". The message and attachments are perfectly readable after clicking OK, but the message remains marked as unread.

I have requests for read receipts turned on, and "Notify me for each read receipt request" also turned on. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me resolve this problem. Thanks Chippy

johnnyrocker 23:04 22 Jan 08

check that your outgoing server address is correct ie smtp etc depending on isp

johnny

chippy+ 23:15 22 Jan 08

hi johnnyrocker yes i have checked and the settings are ok i am receiving incoming mail and mail is going out thanks Chippy

johnnyrocker 23:17 22 Jan 08

your post says you are not able to send? receiving is a totally different thing.

johnny.

chippy+ 23:41 22 Jan 08

hi johnny sorry about the mixup it is when i receive an e-mail outlook express says it cannot send a receipt and my receipt settings are set ok Chippy

johnnyrocker 23:44 22 Jan 08

a totally different problem, delete and recreate the account and try then.

johnny

chippy+ 15:32 25 Jan 08

hi johnny sorry about the delay in getting back thought you would like to know how i got on with outlook express unable to send read receipt this was happening on 3 pc's i decided to install 1 of my pc's acronis backups and outlook express worked, on looking to see what was different i found i had nod32 v2.7 installed went back to my 2 other pc's uninstalled nod32 v3 reinstalled v2.7 and outlook express now fixed for some reason v3 is stopping outlook express sending read receipts cheers Chippy

Killo Bite 15:34 25 Jan 08

please post back who's internet/ISP you use.

chippy+ 12:51 26 Jan 08

hi Killo Bite i have resolved the problem as posted, as for internet/ISP internet explorer/outlook express/ NTL Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…