outlook express

hgrock 12:19 17 Jul 07

hello folks, a strange thing just happened in outlook express, when i do a spell check it checks in french and i dont have an option to change back to english, dont know how that happened, was looking at a few french web sites yesterday looking for hotels but i didnt get any mail from them
any ideas how i can revert to english, my ms word dictionary is still in english by the way
george

robbiepaul79 12:42 17 Jul 07

tools, options, spelling

mfletch 12:42 17 Jul 07

Hi Have you installed Microsoft Office 2007?

click here

You can use a third party spell checker from here.

click here

hope this helps,

mfletch

hgrock 13:31 17 Jul 07

i have looked on this site and cannot find the spellchecker anywhere there are lots of downloads and things telling you about the spell checker but nowhere to download it

mfletch 13:58 17 Jul 07

You use the bottom link and click onto one of the American flags, here it is again,

click here

advancetech 20:25 29 Aug 07

Just for anyone who doesn't want an American english dictionary as the previous link points to, and needs any of the other english options I would suggest that as Microsoft know of this problem and are incapable of providing a fix, that you download and install Mozilla Thunderbird as a good free alternative to outlook express and available from this link

click here

Once installed go to tools - options - composition and spelling to download your prefered dictionary as an add on.
This is a great email program, easy to set up and use - highly recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…