Outlook express

Mr "B" 20:19 23 Apr 07

I,ve recently change my broadband package, so i,ve had to create a new outlook express account all of this went fine but every so often it fails to work, when looking inti it i have found that the problem lies in when you look at the properties of the account and click on the SERVER tab and in the INCOMING mail section i have put in pop.sky.com which is correct but when it wants to it changes by its own accord to a series of numbers and then the account fails to work and i don't recieve any mail until i change it again back to what it should be and then click apply. And when it wants to it changes back again, all of this is becoming a rite pain in the butt!!!
Can anyone please come up with any suggestions on how to cure this problem, cheers.

Woolwell 20:24 23 Apr 07

Sounds as if you have an anti-spam program working. Which program do you have?

Mr "B" 20:30 23 Apr 07

McAfee which i personally don't like cause its putting all my mail as SPAM and putting it in my spam folder, so i've gone into the spam settings and made it as least secure so i can can recieve mail. The antiSpam has been a problem so your prob right and the problem somewhere lies around this.

Woolwell 20:34 23 Apr 07

I've had this happen with McAfee and turned it's anti-spam off completely/uninstalled which solved the problem you have.

There are other anti-spam programs out there and others on this forum can recommend them.

FreeCell 20:58 23 Apr 07

Did the numbers begin 127. This is the setting the McAfee software will put in for the "local server" that it uses to intercept the email so it can spam check it.

When you set up the new account was this after you had been using McAfee spam killer? If so you may find that you have to go into the SpamKiller settings email accounts and add the new account here as well so that it knows to pick valid email from here.

FreeCell 21:00 23 Apr 07

PS For alternative spam check try Mail Washer

click here

Mr "B" 21:03 23 Apr 07

The numbers did begin with 127 i'll try your suggestion failing that i'll have a go with the alternative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…