Outlook Express

Yogesh-451459 06:13 18 Apr 07

I have just got my Hard disc and Ram changed. I had configured the outlook Express with gmail account. Now when I start my O E , I receive error " Ox800CCOF " .
And my mail from gmail does not get downloaded.

Kindly provide me a solution.

Thanks

Taff™ 07:06 18 Apr 07

click here for Microsoft KB article and troubleshooting steps.

Another suggested cause is Norton Internet Security - try turning it off briefly and see if it corrects the situation.

Finally, can you view your e-mails on webmail? If so see if there is an unusually large message, possibly with an attachment that might be corrupted. If so delete it and try again.

Technotiger 08:35 18 Apr 07

This problem usually happens if you are running either NORTON ANTIVIRUS or NORTON INTERNET SECURITY

Here is the Norton Fix:

Start Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security, and then click Options.
Click Email.
Uncheck Scan incoming Email and Scan outgoing Email.
If you are prompted to verify that your email program is not running, then click OK.
Click OK.
Click Options, and then click Auto-Protect. Make sure that "Start Auto-Protect when Windows starts up (recommended)" and "Enable Auto-Protect (recommended)" are selected.
If they are selected, click OK, and then exit Norton AntiVirus.
If they are not selected, then select each entry, click OK, exit Norton AntiVirus, and then restart the computer.
Now you"ll be able to send&receive mail with no problems and you"ll still be protected from viruses cause Auto Protect is enabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…