Outlook Express

pody 15:52 07 Dec 06

Hi There, I have just recieced some E-Mails with attached pics, when I try to open them I get a message that says "OE removed accsess to the following unsafe attachment ". I have had pics like this before but never had this problem, I'am sure someone out there can tell me what I have to tweak, and I would be very appreciative.
Thanks.
Podi

Kate B 15:53 07 Dec 06

Were you expecting the pictures?

Belatucadrus 16:07 07 Dec 06

To get access to the attachments, open OE then go :-
Tools / Options and go to the Security tag. Untick the tick box next to "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".
Only advisable to do this if you have a good updated anti virus running.

postie24 16:10 07 Dec 06

In outlook,click tools/options/security.Untick the box that says do not allow attachments to be saved or opened.Be wary tho if your not sure who the email is from.If in doubt,just delete

postie24 16:12 07 Dec 06

Belatucadrus,you beat me to it,lol

Batch 16:42 07 Dec 06

If you just want to view these attachments as a one off without changing the settings, an easy work-around is to select or open the email and then click on Forward (but don't actually send the email). OE will then let you open the attachment. This is a bit of a security flaw really, but that's life.

pody 17:10 07 Dec 06

thanks people, worked a treat, pody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…