Outlook Express

Belfix 09:15 02 Nov 06

Guys..Outlook Express has just started to halt with an error ie I get the blue square when it is starting, then it halts with the message "sorry a fault has occurred and must shut down , do you want to send a message to microsoft etc etc" The displayed message then just sits in the middle of the screen. I can do other things, but when I re-boot after trying OE I get another screen saying "sysfader id not responding.....". I have done a system restore to 2 days ago, but it still happens.
Any ideas??
regards

VoG II 09:25 02 Nov 06

Sysfader is something to do with your graphics card click here

Belfix 11:18 02 Nov 06

Thanks VoG. I can look at that one, but my biggest problem is OE as I can't send any emails. Can see them though through MailWasher Pro. I really don't want to loose my email folders as there is a lot of family research in them.

birdface 11:34 02 Nov 06

Dont know if this will help you or not. click here

birdface 11:41 02 Nov 06

Or have a look here, Could be conflict with zone alarm.click here

Belfix 11:44 02 Nov 06

Thanks Buteman... I will try it. I've further looked at the sequence of events. I use MailWasher Pro as a "frontend", and by using this I can see my emails (but no attachments)on the server ok. I can also use a facility within MailWasher "quicksend" which will respond to the sender using Outlook Express no less!! It's when I launch OE properly or within MailWasher, that the problem occurs. I have deduced (rightly or wrongly) that it is something to do with the mailbox's within OE esp. Inbox? as this is my default displayed box. Does this give any further ideas?
regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:08 02 Nov 06

OE Help
click here

birdface 22:43 02 Nov 06

Sorry mate, Not to me,Cant even sort my own e-mail out,Was just digging arround trying to come up with something that would help,How about phoning Ntl and see if they can help,Have you tried using Ntl broadband Medic,That also deals with e-mails,I think it will only sort it, if that is your main NTL mail handler,Anyhow ,I am sure someone on here will be able to fix it for you, Good luck.

birdface 09:05 03 Nov 06

bump

Belfix 09:54 03 Nov 06

bump? - got fed up with OE & IE7. Gone back to IE6 and installed Thunderbird 1.5 - imported all files from OE (address book, folders etc) ok!

birdface 10:12 03 Nov 06

Bump, It lets your problem back to the top of list, So that Others can see it,Sorry we were unable to help, At least you managed to save all your folders Etc,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…