Outlook Express

gippingman 12:25 26 Aug 06

I have a laptop that when trying to "read mail" through IE6 nothing happens! - I have Outlook Express 6 installed and it works ok from the desktop shortcut by launching and reading emails ok. I also have Outlook 2003 (from Office 2003)but this is not selected as the default mail handler and does not launch from IE6 either, although again it launches ok from desktop shortcut icon. I have tried to make Outlook Express 6 the default mail handler under tools, options, general and it accepts the request but then after I check it again it says "is not default mail handler"! It does not want to seem to store Outlook Express as the mail handler . More confusingly, when in IE6, under tools, internet options, programs, the email dropdown is empty - which confirms that in IE6 no mail program is activated. How do I get Outlook Express back again in IE6 as mail handler - any ideas?

VoG II 12:31 26 Aug 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…