outlook express

moh23 16:25 21 May 06

just got a new pc but i cant access my ntl email on outlook express,also all the messages that were on before have dissapeared

GaT7 16:33 21 May 06

Your email messages should still be on the old PC/hard disk (assuming you haven't permanently deleted emails there, or formatted the hard disk). Please explain if I may have misunderstood.

Have you got the correct NTL settings in OE? click here for steps to set it up. If you have problems, just ask - I'm on NTL too. G

GaT7 16:35 21 May 06

If you have your old PC/hard disk, here are steps to backup & transfer your emails from old PC to new click here. G

RicScott 16:36 21 May 06

When you open Outlook Express, all the messages are downloaded onto the PC from the internet..That is why they are not there anymore. You have to save them off your old PC and import them back in.
A simple drag and drop will do this.

On the NTL side of things,
make sure the setting are correct...

POP3 settings are >
pop.ntlworld.com

SMTP settings are >
smtp.ntlworld.com

make sure that your user name,([email protected]), is correct also ensure that the password is correct.

That's it..

Stowit 16:45 21 May 06

Another handy bit of info -
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…