Outlook Express

diesel1948 15:39 28 Oct 05

Anyone having problems with mail today using Freeserve? I no longer have an account with Freeserve since moving to Bulldog broadband, but I continued to use my Freeserve e-mail address upto today. It is now asking me to log in, which I do, and it fails everytime. Would Freeserve have put the block on this or should I be able to continue using the e-mail address? Grateful for any advice.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 15:48 28 Oct 05

many isp's will eventually put a block on their E-mail if you are no longer connecting to them via their server ie you are no longer using that isp

Jackcoms 15:49 28 Oct 05

If you no longer have an account with Freeserve, as you say, why do you still expect to receive e-mail from their servers??

DieSse 16:27 28 Oct 05

Yes, your account will have expired - 3 months springs to mind - I'm sure it'll be covered on their web-site

diesel1948 18:50 28 Oct 05

Thanks guys

Daveboy 21:41 28 Oct 05

If you really want to keep it alive just dial in occasionally, say once a month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…