Outlook Express

AngusA 17:29 29 Aug 05

On my lap top I use outlook express as my address book (contacts List)I use this for envelope addresses etc. On my PC I have been unable to use the contacts as I am being asked for log in details. Anyone help?

VoG II 17:47 29 Aug 05

Do you mean that it won't save your password click here

AngusA 19:26 29 Aug 05

I mistakenly called it outlook express.

When I try to start Microsoft outlook I get a message "Problems are preventing connection to microsoft exchange server. The next window ass for
Microsoft exchange server
then
Mailbox

VoG II 20:09 29 Aug 05

It sounds as if Outlook is set-up incorrectly.

Check

VoG II 20:10 29 Aug 05
  Forum Editor 20:24 29 Aug 05

on your PC? Exchange Server is an e-mail-based collaborative communications server for businesses. Normally a home user won't have an Exhange server account, and if you don't have one you can't use an Exchange Server service - even though you may do so on another machine - unless you set up Outlook accordingly.

Come back with further information about your email account type - is it a normal POP3 account with an Internet Service Provider? Looking at your email address I suspect that it is.

AngusA 21:00 29 Aug 05

I use oputlook express pop3 account through Tiscali

Jackcoms 21:03 29 Aug 05

And how is your incoming and outgoing mail account set up?

VoG II 22:24 29 Aug 05

Confused here.

Is it Outlook or Outlook Express. And which version of whatever it is?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…