Outlook Express

kenneth-204108 13:43 11 Aug 05

I recently had a problem with internet explorer, which I managed to cure. However,now when I log on etc., I cannot get Set/Receive to work. It flashes on and off, so that I cannot see what it says.I may be wrong, but I am positive that a "panel" headed Outlook Express came up and showed me what had been deleted and what had been sent What can I do please to make it work?
Thank You ,
in anticipation,

Matt Barlow 14:21 11 Aug 05

Are you using OE (Outlook Express) for POP where you download your email or a webmail service like Hotmail?

If POP then are your settings still there for the mail servers?

kenneth-204108 14:46 11 Aug 05

Hi! matt,
I am a novice at doing the check you asked me to make.
Would you please send me the instructions on how to do it.I would be most grateful.

Matt Barlow 14:57 11 Aug 05
  kenneth-204108 15:04 11 Aug 05

My ISP is Bt internet and yes I do use all their services and my E-mail is like the one you quoted

Matt Barlow 16:29 11 Aug 05

If you go to this site
click here

it tells you what settings should be in the Servers bit, paying attention to the picture on step 10.

If these settings are OK, check the Connection Tab to ensure it is set to use Internet Explorer settings or the Dialup account you have.
If you have Broadband then ensure it is set to "Never Dial A Connection"

click here is a good place to get your emails if you don't have access to them on your computer!
But I guess BT have their own webmail service where you can login to get them.

Let me know how you get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…