Outlook express

baldyx 21:04 26 Jul 05

Suddenley my e-mail keeps issuing the following errors :
A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19.

Any ideas please,thanks.

mattyc_92 21:06 26 Jul 05

I had a problem recently when trying to e-mail others.

In the end, I removed my e-mail account from Outlook and then I set Outlook to manage my e-mails again... It seemed to do the trick.

VoG II 21:08 26 Jul 05
  baldyx 13:49 27 Jul 05

I removed and re-instated my accounts but same problem..
I am going to contact NTL because i think the problem is at their end.

Stuartli 14:09 27 Jul 05

There have been a number of complaints about NTL's e-mail service recently.

scotty 14:12 27 Jul 05

Do you use AVG or ZoneAlarm and have you updated either of the programs about the time the problem started?

baldyx 14:29 27 Jul 05

What's AVG? I don't use Zonealarm.Only thing i upgraded was the Adaware software.

I contacted NTL and they suggested increasing the timeout from 1 min to 5 min which i did but still the same problem and it cost me £5 for the useless help from NTL.

I am hoping/praying the problem will disappear itself !!

baldyx 20:11 28 Jul 05

I am still having this problem for the last two days.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled Adaware, ran sfc /now scan, also disabled antivirus chaecking for e-mail.

I can't find the file 'pop3uidl.dbx' on my pc, is this a factor in this problem?

If I reinstall the Outlook express, will it work?

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…