Outlook Express...

ptrafc 14:58 17 Jun 05

I have used OE as my email program for well over 12 months now. I am on NTL broadband, with which I have 2 email accounts with.
Up until now, OE has remembered the passwords for the accounts, and my emails arrive as soon as I open OE. Now I get the Username/Password box, and even when I type in the correct info, it says it's wrong.
I have contacted NTL about this, and I can delete the accounts then re-enter them, and it'll work fine, until the next time I restart the PC, then it'll do the same thing again.
Could there be a setting or a problem with my PC, or should I contact NTL again?
Thanx for any replies.

Charlie Babbage 15:13 17 Jun 05

read any other suggestions that might be made first as I do not claim to be an expert!

Try re-installing OE if you have the disc with it on. It is usually bundled with Internet Explorer.

HTH

Charlie

VoG II 15:16 17 Jun 05
  ptrafc 18:07 17 Jun 05

I'm afaid this didn't work...password was not visible anymore in the PW box, but even when I re-entered it, it wouldn't accept it.

The error I got was:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any other ideas? Thanx.

VoG II 18:24 17 Jun 05

click here

click here

Obviously you need to adapt the above for NTL.

DieSse 21:34 17 Jun 05

This could be a problem due to your AV program - do you use an older version of PC-Cillin, or AVAST?

I have seen similar problems in email settings with both of these.

ptrafc 22:24 17 Jun 05

Nope I have McAfee...
I have downloaded Mozilla's Thunderbird, and it seems better although my emails we coming late, but the passwords were accepted.
VoG, thanx, although I'd already tried that.
Just looked at the NTL website, and it seems they're having problems with their email servers, which could be the cause of this.
Thanx all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…