Outlook Express 2003 Junk filter will not install

Owen54 13:12 22 Apr 06

My computer recieves automatic updates from Microsoft, I recently recieved an update "Junk email filter" (KB914454). The update will not install, Every time I close my machine down, the update trys to install but a message "Failed to install" occurs! How do i get rid of the update or get it to install? I have Windows XP Home as my OS.

Minkey1 14:21 22 Apr 06

Same thing on our 2 laptops, except we use Outlook, rather than OE. The instal shield appears, I click to instal it, it initialises, then says instal of KB914454 failed. Immediately then, the instal shield re-appears ?

mikef. 15:07 22 Apr 06

This is for OUTLOOK not outlook express which as far as I remember does not have a junk mail filter click here

Minkey1 17:40 22 Apr 06

Thanks for the link, downloaded it and attempted the instal but it failed, so back to square 1, along with Owen apparently.

Owen54 08:46 23 Apr 06

Your quite right Minkey 1, it is Microsort Outlook, my mistake sorry! There is a junk mail filter, as your self the installation shield is informing me of the impending installation but, sadly still getting same message "Unable to complete installation", very annoying!

Minkey1 10:09 23 Apr 06

>>

Minkey1 10:29 03 May 06

Bumping Owen's thread again. Owen, did you solve it ? I've still got the same issue on 2 laptops. The update shield appears every day, but the instal fails.

As I'm fairly certain the earth will still spin if I ignore this crucial update, does anyone know if it can be "rejected" (permanently) in any way ?

I'm thinking of something like the "Hide items" in Windows Update so that it just ignores it. Unfortunately this doesn't work directly as the pending update prohibits changes like this.

Anyone any ideas as to how to stop this update appearing ?

Owen54 07:57 05 May 06

Ended up telling my computer not to tell me of this download any more! I'm sure it won't be the end of the world! I right clicked on the instal shield and checked the box "Do not show me this again", Not the best answer but, at least I am not being told of the download anymore!

helpfuldarren 18:28 16 May 06

control panel: add remove program
select: microsoft office 2003
Click Change
Click reinstall or repair
Click detect and repair errors

this in my case replaced 2 missing files and the install of junk filter then completed ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…