Outlook Express 2 problems.

fadviser 17:17 04 May 09

Help please with 2 problems.

1. All the entries in my address book vanished last night, I replaced most of them but turned on today and they're all gone also !

2. When mail is coming in all is well until an error notice comes up saying 'An attempt to allocate memory failed. The system is out of memory',my a/c details follow then the error code which is 0x8007000E. The same emails begin to download again until the error message repeats. If I allowed it, this would go on indefinitely.

Thanks

Sea Urchin 17:44 04 May 09
  Clapton is God 18:37 04 May 09

In future, it might be a good idea to back up your address book. Assuming Outlook Express:

1. On the File menu, click Export and then Address Book
2. Click Text File (Comma Separated Values) and then click Export
3. Click Browse
4. Locate the Mail Backup folder that you created
5. In the File Name box, type Address Book Backup and then click Save
6. Click Next
7. Click to select the check boxes for the fields that you want to export and then click Finish
8. Click OK and Close

Batch 19:18 04 May 09

Number one rule of computers. Make a backup.

If it can go wrong it will. If it goes wrong it will do so at the most inconvemient time. So make regular backups of:

A) All your own data

B) The whole system.

Preferred product for doing this (seemingly by an overwhelming majority on this forum): Acronis True Image. Best £25-30 you'll spend. Best if you do it to an external hard drive - a few more quid, but oh the reassurance of knowing that you can restore in a trice.

IMHO full back-up capabilities and procedures should be an integral part of any system as supplied by the vendor.

fadviser 17:13 05 May 09

Thanks to all. I have backed up my Addresses after re entering them. Good sense. The problem still exists though i.e. After PC has been switched off the OE address book empties.Using the back up file soon refills it but why is it happening ?

Sea Urchin - Thanks again. That was a good link but I was wary about registry tinkering. Because the link indicated the fault could lie in the registry I ran a registry cleaner and touch wood the problem has stopped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…