OUTLOOK EXPRESS

ergo 17:53 16 Apr 05

Running Windows 98SE how do I access the Outlook Express settings in the Windows registry?

bremner 18:02 16 Apr 05

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express

What values are you looking to change as all user settings are normal accessed in the actual program.

ergo 19:00 16 Apr 05

I'm trying to delete all the entries in my blocked senders list in one go and have been advised that you can only do this by accessing the outlook express settings area in the Windows registry.

BurrWalnut 19:07 16 Apr 05

Here are a few more :-

REMOVE BRAND NAME FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{.....a long name\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\5.0.
Look for WindowTitle (no space) and change it or remove the entry to get the default. Alternatively, if it doesn’t exist create a String Value named WindowTitle, right click it and type in the title you want.

RESTORE THE ANIMATED LOGO IN INTERNET EXPLORER AND OUTLOOK EXPRESS
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar.
Delete both BRANDBITMAP and SMBRANDBITMAP.

RESTORE THE IDLE LOGO IN INTERNET EXPLORER AND OUTLOOK EXPRESS
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
Delete both BRANDBITMAP and SMBRANDBITMAP.

REMOVE THE SPLASH SCREEN FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{....a long name\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\5.0 then Edit, New DWORD and name it NoSplash, right click the name and give it a value of 1.

ergo 19:24 16 Apr 05

Many thanks to "BurrWalnut",the fourth suggestion worked perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…