Outlook Express

bingbong 11:11 31 Oct 04

I recently visited a friend who had been having problems with his outlook express since his machine was upgraded to XP Home Edition.

This came about as I along with many of his contacts were receiving the same emails from him on a daily basis for the past 6 weeks! He calimed he couldn't delete emails and his "out" folder did not clear after sending the aformentioned emails.

I confirmed this on my visit and tried to manually delete these form his folders to no avail; in fact all it did was to create even more copies in the affected folders!

Lucky he was on a dial up service (compuserve - " I hear the gasps now!" however no problems through the years and gave good basic service when required)so no problems in stopping sending the emails.

I fired up outlook in his office 2003 set up and transferred all contacts and account details over and the problem was resolved. However even though I deleted his OE icons I believe (from bitter experience)that he may try to either run this again or the OE program may try and infiltrate his working Outlook setup.

Any ideas on how to rest easy or indeed what was wron with OE?

Diodorus Siculus 11:56 31 Oct 04

click here
Repair IE which may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…