OUTLOOK EXPRESS

HV 13:13 15 Aug 04

I use Outlook Express to connect to Lycos mail where I have a premium account. All has been working well until about 3 days ago when the programme reused to send email and came up with the error:- "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mail.lycos.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.lycos.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have double checked all the settings and all appears to be ok. and the programme receives mail ok.

I have also tried logging on to Lycos Mail direct and when I use this approach, all works ok so it seems as if the problem is with outlook express.

Has any one any idea's

Thanks

HV

VoG II 13:16 15 Aug 04

click here may help.

timothywilliam 17:10 15 Aug 04

When I've had problems with OE or Mail generally (once I had someone send me a 28MB file !!) I used to access my mail via my ISP and the Web.. I did this for a while and OE seemed to sort itself out. Check someone isn't trying to send you something which OE cannot handle. In fact I was presently surprised to find my ISP would delete a bad file at source so as to clear the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…