OUTLOOK EXPRESS

HV 13:13 15 Aug 04

I use Outlook Express to connect to Lycos mail where I have a premium account. All has been working well until about 3 days ago when the programme reused to send email and came up with the error:- "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mail.lycos.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.lycos.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have double checked all the settings and all appears to be ok. and the programme receives mail ok.

I have also tried logging on to Lycos Mail direct and when I use this approach, all works ok so it seems as if the problem is with outlook express.

Has any one any idea's

Thanks

HV

VoG II 13:16 15 Aug 04

click here may help.

timothywilliam 17:10 15 Aug 04

When I've had problems with OE or Mail generally (once I had someone send me a 28MB file !!) I used to access my mail via my ISP and the Web.. I did this for a while and OE seemed to sort itself out. Check someone isn't trying to send you something which OE cannot handle. In fact I was presently surprised to find my ISP would delete a bad file at source so as to clear the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017