Outlook express.....

ptrafc 16:08 14 May 04

Won't let me send attachments with my e-mails. It will send a normal message just fine, but when I add any attachment, the 'sending message' box appears, but the green bar stops at about 90% and wont go any further. Could anyone help? I have McAfee Internet Security installed, but I've turned this off and it still wont send. Although when turned off, the green bar goes up block by block, whereas when turned on, the bar jumps up every 15% or so. It stops in the same place regardless of this.
Thanks for any advice.

johnnyrocker 17:32 14 May 04

what size attachments? have a look in properties and set the timout server time from short to long.

ptrafc 12:37 15 May 04

The attachment i've tried to send are 1.5MB max. I'm using 600k broadband. I've tried to send the image directly on the e-mail instead of using the attachment and it does the same.
I have changed the timeout to long (5mins) and it still times out. I also get this message:
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'My UT2004 settings...give it time to load! Might be quite big.', Account: '#### #######', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 mta12-svc.ntlworld.com Lost connection to [##.###.##.##]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
(I've changed some parts with #)

ptrafc 14:27 16 May 04

Is 1.5MB too much? It's really annoying coz I can send pictures or anything, someone please help! It would be much appreciated!

mbp 14:33 16 May 04

Zip it?

ptrafc 14:38 16 May 04

I was forwarded the pic from a mate (it wasn't an attachment, it was under the text), and he said it took a few secs. I've tried to forward this pic and several other but to no avail.

johnnyrocker 14:39 16 May 04

depends on a number of things ie your isp mailsize limit (mine is 10 meg) the recipients isp mail size limit, what e mail client?

GaT7 14:44 16 May 04

May be the ISP mailsize limit as johnnyrocker suggests, but there are people out there with the same problem even when trying to send a tiny attachment - click here.

Try this - click here - it's for Outlook 2002 but the principle may be the same. Good luck, G

ptrafc 14:44 16 May 04

Sorry, what's the e-mail client? I'm using NTL if that's what you mean.

QuickHare 14:44 16 May 04

"Johny Ellis" (from a newsgroup) had the following problem: "Cant seem to send receive large attachments."

A reply from "Paul" gave "Can't recall the exact limit on size but it's around 1 meg".

I'm inclined to think NTL has a 1MB limit on email sizes.

GaT7 14:45 16 May 04

Sorry, the above MS link is for OE as well : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…