Outlook Express.

opusone 21:27 15 Apr 04

I have a new laptop. (XP and IE6) Setting up my two mail accounts I used the settings that are on my other computer which operates the mail system OK.

On my laptop using these settings I am unable to access my POP3 account. The error message tells me to check my settings which I have done, even to setting up the mail accounts a second time. I have checked all other settings as well. I Can senr email without problem.

GaT7 21:50 15 Apr 04

Please tell us the exact error code &/or error message.

beeuuem 22:19 15 Apr 04

If the smtp settings are correct, and you say that they are, it could be the firewall is stopping incoming mail.
Assuming that the firewall is turned on
check that "pop3" is allowed in the settings under "Advanced" click here

VoG II 07:10 16 Apr 04

via e-mail

"Host POP3ntlworld.com cannot be found. Check Settings POP3. Skt error 11004. Error No.08OX800CCCOD"

VoG II 07:38 16 Apr 04

click here possibly

AndyJ 08:08 16 Apr 04
  VoG II 16:17 16 Apr 04

Firewall settings maybe click here

GaT7 16:44 16 Apr 04

Yes, does seem like a firewall problem if all the other settings are correct. Here are a few other things to try - click here

opusone 22:41 17 Apr 04

thanks to all who sent me possible solutions.

Problem resolved by unistalling propriety firewall and remaking my connections. Tweaked XP firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…