outlook express

hi everyone, has anyone any suggestions for an alternative to outlook express, could i unenstall outlook express, i run windows xp h.e

temp003 06:00 12 Mar 04

Incredimail, Eudora?

OE6 is part of IE6 which is highly integrated with Windows XP. OE6 can only be removed manually, but it's too much trouble to be bothered with it. Just choose your new email client and select that as your default email program.

thank you temp003, i've gone with incredimail, would it interfere with ie6 if i was to remove outlook express? it takes up a fair ammount of room on the system.

temp003 05:25 13 Mar 04

In terms of today's storage sizes, OE doesn't really take up that much space. If your computer and hard disk are capable of using XP, I suspect that disk space you save would not make that much difference.

You can click here and have a look to see if it's worth your trouble and the storage space saved.

A lot of the files to be removed are categorised by Microsoft as system files. XP has its Windows files protection. The method suggested by the link seems to suggest that it will overcome WFP, but whether the files will be resurrected by XP ultimately I don't know.

Would it interfere with IE6? Haven't tried, so no idea. The instructions on the link above is supposed to remove OE6 only, presumably it's supposed to keep IE6 intact, but naturally it's at your own risk.

I would at least give Incredimail some more time to make sure you're happy with it before ditching OE permanantly.

Andsome 08:03 13 Mar 04

An awful lot of people have had a lot of trouble with Incredimail. Many have been discussed in this forum.

thanks everyone for your help, i will wait and see how incredimail goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…