Outlook express -

Toffly 10:39 12 Apr 06

Bit of a weird, OE 6, windows XP, Supanet ISP.

My SMTP server address keeps changing to whenever I restart the comp. Tried remaking the account, does the same. I'm quite reluctant to reload windows.

On a different logon on the comp (both have admin rights), it works fine!

I can access the mail fine on the webmail service, and can receive send fine if I change the address and then try send/receive. Will be trying Thunderbird in a little while.

Anyway, I'm stumped, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Taff™ 10:54 12 Apr 06

This is something to do with your Hosts file and I`m not sure it is legitimate. Read this click here

Now check that Supanet doesn`t use a proxy server linked to the hosts file. In IE go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections Tab. Click on the LAN button and I think you`ll find the "Use proxy server" is ticked. Try unticking it. Does this cure the problem?

Toffly 11:14 12 Apr 06

proxy is unticked, the host file idea looks interesting, will have a play with that

any other ideas?

Q-Bie 11:16 12 Apr 06

Do you have any Antispam software on your PC?

Usually antispam software will set the host to, as the antispam software is what fetches your email and filters them out. If you do, go into that and make sure all your email settings are correct.. or if you want to, remove it completely.

nikef 13:15 12 Apr 06

had the same prob,could not fix it so i downloaded thunderbird and its brill

VoG II 13:40 12 Apr 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…