Outlook Express

Shinda 18:10 09 Dec 03

Hi all
I wonder if you can help me. Problem is in Outlook Express.I have two large file in it and i cannot get into my Outbox to delete them,OE locks up when i select the out box.
many thanks

recap 18:16 09 Dec 03

If they are in the OutBox and they are too large to send, try shutting the system down. You should get a message asking if you want to send the items before shutdown, click NO. On re-booting the messages should have cleared.

Teen PC geek 18:19 09 Dec 03

I have had this problem before and i tihnk i managed to delete them via going to the emails in the Program Files folder and finding the correct files..... - what verison of windows are you running and what operating system - if you are on an OS and have a i also need your username to give you the correct path as the emails are suually saved in with your user files...

Teen PC geek 18:21 09 Dec 03

I have forgotten how i did it - i will have a think

Shinda 18:40 09 Dec 03

recap thanks for the reply i have tried that but to no avail

Shinda 18:41 09 Dec 03

using XP pro

pc moron 18:44 09 Dec 03

From the menu bar select "File", "Folder" and then "Compact All Folders".

Shinda 18:48 09 Dec 03

Pcmoron
says folder is in use by OE or another application

pc moron 19:08 09 Dec 03

Hmmm, are you sure OE is not still trying to send the items in your Outbox?

Select "File" then "Work Offline", hopefully this will stop OE trying to send the items and you should then be able to compact the folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…